The Hope Family

The Hope Family

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Stitches, Already?




On Monday, June 14th, I got a call from Hudson's frantic babysitter. She told me that Hudson had cut his finger pretty badly, but she couldn't tell how severe the cut was. The bigger kids had made a small crack in a window and although they had covered it until it could be fixed, Hudson found a way to get at it. His inquisitive little mind caused him to stick his finger through the crack in the glass. After having his Nan bring him up to the clinic so I could take a look, I realized that he would need stitches. I had to be Mommy and couldn't stitch him up myself, so off we went to the ER. We got great care and he ended up with three stitches on the top of his finger just below his fingernail, and three stitches on the fingertip. Boy, was he exhausted after screaming for all of that! He did really well and by the next day was playing like it didn't even bother him. The silver lining to all of this is that he cut the finger he sucks! He normally gets his blanket in his left hand and puts his right index finger in his mouth to soothe him. It has been an adjustment this week as he is now not easy to get to sleep at night! I guess we will see if he returns to sucking his finger after the stitches are out, or it if has broken him of the habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment